Toturial:BMW 5series E60 E61 mieage reset by Tacho Pro 2008
Use the board M35080 and clip smd8Adjustment is done in 3 steps:
1. eeprom in instrument
2. CAS programming with BMW CAS connector
Remove the instrument and open it
* Look for the 8-pin chip M35080
* ( remove this chip)
* connect the clip with port M35080.
* Connect the clip to the chip M35080 (red to pin 1).
* Select in theTacho Universal BMW -> BMW -> 5er/7er/X5 -> E6X/E65/E66 ->
* The Tacho Universal showns you the original km.
* Save the data!!!
* Go back to the menue BMW -> 5er/7er/X5 -> E6X/E65/E66 -> 35080-0 (erase)
and wait until Tacho Universal displays ?OK“
* Select BMW -> 5er/7er/X5 -> E6X/E65/E66 -> M35080 clip
* Load the original data you saved before and write it completely to the chip
* Error message ?data not equal“ can be ignored
* Select BMW -> 5er/7er/X5 -> E6X/E65/E66 -> M35080 clip and program the new
* Do not install the instrument back yet! Before that, the CAS must be programmed
* Please follow the instructions carefully!!!
If the chip is 35080 V6 you must replace it by a new. This is new not
2. Schritt Cas Diagnose über ? BMW Cas Stecker“
Connect the cluster connector from car to port A. (Pin1 to red)
Before you pull a fuse,
remove the key and store it away from the car!
While programming, do not open or close any doors or touch any buttons!!!
Remove the small fuse. The fusebox is on the passengers side behind the
glovebox. See picture.
Important: the small fuse stays removed during the complete process.
? Connect the Can Dongle with the BMW CAS cable and the cluster connector
in the car.
? Select BMW -> 5er/7er/X5 -> E6X/E65/E66 Cas Prog
? Follow exactly the instructions in Diga-Display, like ?light on/off“
? When it asks to ?remove fuse“, the big fuse must be removed
? i fit asks you to put it back, put back the big fuse
? after programming is finished, put back the small fuse
Tacho Pro 2008 Bmw 5er E60 E61 6
Connect the connector shown to the OBD2
connector and select the menue ?Errorscan“.
Wait until the main menues returns.
This can take about 5 minutes!