Here are two kinds of MB key programmer listed to show their similarities and differences, which may help you to buy the one you need.
Conclusion & Purchase recommendation:
From the table above, it is easy to find that AK500 Pro Mercedes Benz Key Programmer better than AK500+, which supports keyless go function and all Intelligent Benz keys 2000-2010. And because it is the original product, MB AK500 Pro is of high quality, works stable, and can be updated (via Email).
But according to customer feedback, here CnAutotool highly advise you to buy AK500+, for the following reasons:
1. AK500 + for $399, much cheaper than AK500PRO ($2340)
2. In most cases, it can meet the demands like:
1) Match and support function “Keyless Go” of Benz Infrared Key;
2) Support Benz Infrared keys lock and unlock for EIS+ESL+ESM , the leading technology all over the world;
3) Support Directly reading EEPROM for BENZ DAS( 1995-1998 )via OBD, can to unlock DAS when you lost all keys and DAS is locked;
4) Read and write the ESL of E/Class and C/Class via K_line, no need remove ESL;
5) Support Benz ECU’s flash(29F400 and 29F800) generate key data. Need use STAR 2000 to do ECU coding.
6) No need to choose the MCU type of EIS. When load EIS file, recognise EIS file, and generate key file. If your MCU is HC705, software will automatically suggest “load next EIS file of HC705”
7) Powerful Motorola MCU programming function,Directly reading dumps of EEPROM(HC908) and Flash(HC912,HC9S12,HC9S12X)for motorola MCU, in support of the engine ECU of Benz, BMW, VW and Audi etc MPC(MPC555/556,MPC561/562,MPC563/564),external Flash(MB58BW016,29BL802C,AM29BDD160,S29CD016,DE28F800 etc.) and external EEPROM(M95xxx). An advanced tool of car ECU repair and programming, odometer adjustment and key programming as well.
3. AK500+ is much easier to program keys.
make new MB key with AK500+ – with SKC:
-Desolder CPU 1 from EIS
-Read data from EIS – CPU 1
-Open SKC Calculator
-Download the bin file
-Select keys for calculating result
-Calculate keys (About 7-10 minutes)
-Close SKC Calculator
-Open AK500+ again
-Click Step 4 to write the key option via IR
-Insert the key
-Load key dump file
-Click on programming
make old MB key with AK500+ Pro with SKC:
– Remove the NEC chip from the old key
– Put the removed NEC chip on the NEC adapter of the AK500+
– Ensure the chip direction is correct, and clean up the tin on the chip angle
– Open the software and choose “Renew”
– Write into the NEC chip with the key data generated by SKC Calculator, the key is that your car will use.